An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Controls Engineer reporting directly to the Sales & Projects Director.
The controls engineer will provide professional and technical leadership and advice to ensure that all sales are competitively priced. Ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications. The ability to develop and support the growth of the business using the technical knowledge to support the most innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Ensure that the detailed design, procurement, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation, commissioning and documentation meets the customer’s requirements and contract specification
- Prepare technical specifications and drawings for sub-contract equipment and participate in supplier tender assessments and negotiations
- Carry out detailed planning for the project, cooperating closely with chosen sub-contractors to help deliver the project; actively managing all aspects of subcontracted packages from order through to final acceptance
- Attend and participate in regular technical reviews with both internal and external staff to ensure that any issues are identified and promptly resolved
- Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors
- Regularly visit supplier premises and construction sites to monitor progress and quality
- Ensure that variations are identified and brought promptly to the attention of the Projects Director
- Ensure all projects meet the highest quality possible
- Develop sales activities both on an individual and on a team basis
- Use your knowledge and experience to collaborate with the customer during information and tender requests
- Assist in the development of company standards for sales specifications such as; quotations, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, testing, handover and launch support
- Assist and support the existing sites under contract with AMH Material Handling where applicable.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in an automated distribution centre environment with an extensive understanding of operational activities
- A relevant qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience in developing software for control systems from scratch – including writing programmes in STL, C, Function Block Diagrams or Structured text.
- Experience with simulation software packages is advantageous
- Project management experience within an automated warehouse environment
- Previous experience of site installation and people management
- Skilled in using AutoCAD to understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Extensive knowledge of all MS office applications
- Ability to lead and motivate teams of people; both internal and external, including sub-contractors
- Highly customer focused with excellent communications skills
- Ability to meet and develop relationships with both existing and new customers
- Willing to travel throughout the UK on a regular basis and work away from home as required
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include company uniform, death in service provision, pension and sick pay policy. A fully expensed company car, laptop and mobile phone will be supplied.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th January 2020