An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Controls Engineer reporting directly to the Head of Controls and Automation.
The controls engineer will work with the team to cover all controls aspects of project delivery, from the sales and quotation phase through design, implementation, and ongoing aftercare support. The role is primarily office based in Stoke on Trent with stints of onsite commissioning around the UK and occasionally abroad. There is also a requirement to be part of the controls on-call rota working primarily remotely, to quickly diagnose issues and support engineers onsite.
- Lead your own projects and work closely with AMH project managers and design team to produce technical documentation, manage timescales and liaise with clients from a control’s perspective.
- Always provide a proactive approach, developing increased revenue opportunities by identifying new solutions, existing improvements, or system enhancements.
- Write and internally test PLC software for projects. Contribute to the AMH software library building innovative and creative functions in line with our lean engineering, well-tested, and high-feature control philosophy.
- Attend site for project commissioning which will include software commissioning, testing, and documentation.
- Assist and support new and existing sites under contract with AMH Material Handling including participating in the controls team rota to cover remote and occasionally onsite 24hr callout availability.
- Provide professional and technical support to the sales team to ensure that all sales are competitively priced, align with the controls standards and meet or preferably exceed the customers’ expectations.
- Attend and participate in regular technical reviews with both internal and external staff to ensure that any issues are identified and promptly resolved.
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Regularly visit supplier premises and construction sites to monitor progress and quality.
- Ensure that variations are identified and brought promptly to the attention of the head of controls.
- Ensure all projects meet the highest quality possible.
- Develop sales activities both on an individual and a team basis.
- Assist in the development of company standards for sales specifications such as; quotations, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, testing, handover, and launch support.
- Minimum 5 Years experience in an automated distribution centre environment with an extensive understanding of operational activities
- A relevant qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience in developing software in TIA portal for control systems from scratch – including writing programs in STL and ladder.
- Experience with commissioning control logic, industrial ethernet devices, and inverters.
- Have a good understanding of ongoing support and maintenance of a controls system as well as having experience, generating backups and supporting controls systems remotely and onsite.
- Experience with simulation software packages or WMS/WCS is advantageous
- Project management experience within an automated warehouse environment
- Previous experience in site installation, commissioning, support, and working directly with clients
- Skilled in using AutoCAD to understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Extensive knowledge of all MS Office applications
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include company uniform, death in service provision, pension and sick pay policy. A company car or allowance, laptop and mobile phone will be supplied.
The closing date for applications is Friday, February 10th 2023.