AMH Material Handling are seeking a Bookkeeper for our growing business at 30-40 hours per week for our Stoke Office. The Bookkeeper role is multi-faceted and will include reception and office manager duties as well as client/supplier bookkeeping, payroll and HR administration duties as assigned by the Finance and HR Managers.
- Post client transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements, accounts payable, inventory, and accounts receivable to general ledger accounts
- Assist Financial Controller in recording, reconciling and reviewing accounting data – Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledgers
- Have the ability to compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable, accounts receivable and profits and losses
Payroll and Human Resources
- Perform staff payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to general ledger and other accounts as well as payment of payroll and benefit-related invoices if required
- Provide other administrative support to the Payroll and HR dept as needed
- Managing business accounts, utility services, suppliers and office consumables
- Enter data, maintain records and reports and financial statements
- Support the business with travel and accommodation arrangements, helping expand the options of business accounts with travel and accommodation
Desired Qualifications & Knowledge
- Associate degree/HND/HNC in business or equivalent experience/education
- 5+ years of work experience ideally as an office administrator and/or bookkeeper and preferably within an Engineering Company
- Import & Export knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft software (e.g., Word, Excel), Strong spreadsheet skills
- Solid organizational and project management skills including; the ability to establish priorities, navigate back and forth between multiple tasks/priorities and strong detailed execution
- Responsive and uses tact, diplomacy, good judgment as well as confidentiality in all communications
- Detail-oriented, organized, consistent and dependable
- Analytical / data-driven mindset; good with numbers and spreadsheets
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills and software systems
- Optimistic and upbeat
- Comfortable working sometimes solo, interacting with other team members within the office or virtually via email or chat.
- Self-Starter comfortable working independently
- Excellent attention to detail with strong interpersonal skills
The position is full-time and office-based and the candidate would be required to commute to the Head Office in Stoke-On-Trent with a Monday to Friday schedule. (We are looking for core hours of Mon-Fri 9-3)
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits to include company uniform, death in service provision, pension and sick pay policy. A laptop and mobile phone will be supplied.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25 November 2022.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.